This is Ignatius's SSBB Mario Papercraft I've been building for the past month or so, and it is by far my best work so far. It's about a foot and a half and looks amazing. See him with Luigi here: [link]
I use cardstock that I buy from Walmart. A lot of people use thinner paper (though still thicker than standard printer paper) but I like for myself and others to be able to pick up my models and anything thinner than cardstock would be too fragile. The downside of using thicker paper is that the edge tends to show more (you can see the strips of paper in the picture) so there's pros and cons to both...
Not sure what comment you're referring to, but the feet are attached to the legs by tabs. If you're waiting for my instructions to get started, don't. It could be a very long time before I get around to them, if I do at all. What I can do is offer you prompt and specific answers to any questions you might have as you build it as well as the .pdo I edited. I didn't do much, mostly I just reversed the build order and added tabs where there were none. Let me know if you're interested.
This is what I was talking about "Also, I think that having the feet be seperated from the legs (much like the hands and arms) would make the model more stable, with the additional bonus of being able to rotate the feet to stop him from falling over. Other than that, the 3D editing is pretty solid."
Ah, I remember that. I thought you might have been referring to one of my comments when I was editing my own model (before Ignatius revealed his). That was just a suggestion for improvement and I, at least, don't think it is worth reunfolding the entire model just for that.
As for the .pdo, the one I have edited doesn't have the pieces on the pages. I don't have a lot of time right now (I'm trying to make as many Xmas presents as I can), so I'm sorry but you'll have to arrange it yourself. Is that OK?
Oh well my edits aren't that necessary, you should be fine with the original. There are 2-3 tabs that are missing (I can only remember the one at the top of his right strap and one of his feet, but I would fix those before printing (use the flap editor and right click where it should go, click create flap)). Also, I would switch the tabs on the sole if you plan to build from the head down (which I suggest). Alternatively, you can simply draw in the tabs, as I did. My biggest regret on my own build is that I didn't use lighter paper for the nose; the thickness of the tabs show up all too much. Don't do it unless you have experience with lighter paper (it can be difficult if you're used to cardstock, like me) or if you plan to put him in a lot of light (in my experience, this has turned the thin paper translucent and makes the tabs visable...it doesn't look good). Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions just ask.